February 18, 2013

Baingan Bharta




Baingan is a savior most of the times. Hence, I love to experiment with Brinjal as often as possible. Baingan Bhartha is again one of my favorites and I make it as a side dish for lunches and dinners. Here is my recipe for it.

Ingredients
Large Brinjal 1
Tomatoes 2
Onion 1
Garlic cloves 3
Masala


Cook It
Clean the Brinjal and put in a micro wave dish for 5 min on high heat. After 6 min, turn the Brinjal and put it for another 6 min on high heat. In 12 min, the Brinjal will become soft and half cooked, remove it and allow it to cool.

Take a pan, heat oil and fry garlic cloves, onions and then add tomatoes. after tossing them for 2 min, add little salt and allow them to cook for 3 min. Now add turmeric, sabji masala, little salt and add little water and allow it to cook for another 3 -4 min. 

Take the cooled Brinjal and peel off the skin completely and also remove the stem. Now add the pulp to the tomato curry and mix thoroughly. Mash everything with a masher and allow it to cook for another 3-4 min. Add coriander for taste. 

Yummy Baingan Bhartha is ready. This method varies from chef to chef. I cook it this way and is loved by my friends!